People are looking for solutions to the increased stress in their families. Couples Counseling at Clarity Centers in Towson, MD, is a service we offer to manage that stress quickly.
- Are you having trouble communicating with your spouse?
- Are you doubting you and your partner’s ability to remain faithful to one another?
- Have you noticed a lack of intimacy in your relationship?
- Are you experiencing loneliness, in spite of your relationship?
- Do you feel as if you’ve entered a time loop in which you and your partner seem to have the same argument again and again, with no resolution?
- Have your children, your money, and your in-laws become difficult subjects to talk about?
- Has your relationship become less satisfying since you had children?
- Have you hurt one another and don’t know where to turn for help?
- Are you considering leaving?
Contact us now for Couples Counseling at 410-853-7773 or email us at [email protected] and we will do our very best to give you the services needed to make your relationship great again.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
- Understand why these things are happening, so you can actually change them
- Be able to see your partner’s perspective without giving up your own
- Feel heard and understood in your relationship
- Navigate difficult conversations or situations better, without always escalating
- Enjoy your relationship again
Everyone knows relationships can be a struggle. You feel like you’ve tried everything, but nothing seems to make it better. You’ve argued. You’ve ignored one another. You’ve tried to talk it out. And nothing worked. You need your partner, but sometimes struggle to want them. You want a good relationship, but sometimes that seems so unattainable.
Communicating and maintaining intimacy as a couple is hard. Sometimes it seems like you are speaking different languages. We provide couples counseling to help our clients learn to communicate, love, and like one another again.
We all have expectations about how our relationships should work. When those expectations aren’t met, it’s hard to avoid feeling angry, disappointed, and resentful. In couples counseling, we start by recognizing and communicating those expectations: which are reasonable, which are negotiable, and which are unrealistic? This gives your partner and you a common understanding to work from when it comes to the way you relate to each other.
Each of you is also bringing your own past into this relationship. You’ve been programmed to think or act certain ways — ways that may feel normal to you but can be hurtful or harmful when left unacknowledged. Couples counseling can help you unpack and process these things, because each of your experiences are real, valid, and deserving of attention.
TEAR DOWN THE WALLS WITH OUR COUPLES COUNSELING OFFERING:
Whether you are a married couple, dating, engaged, or something else, couples counseling can help you and your partner tear down the walls between you and develop the connectedness you desire. You want to be able to not just get along, but thrive in your relationship. You want to get back to focusing on the things that make you happy. We can help develop ways for you both to improve communication, show affection, make time for one another, reignite passion for one another, and ultimately save your relationship. We want to see you discover absolute joy in one another.
The truth is, sometimes you just need help re-orienting your perspective. You become so involved in small details that you need someone who can help you see the bigger picture. You need someone who is not family or friend, someone who can remain professional and is fully dedicated to helping your relationship last and thrive. When you seek couples counseling with us, our therapists can help you to learn, practice, and implement the skills necessary to get your relationship back on the right track.
WHAT HAPPENS IN COUPLES COUNSELING?
During your counseling sessions, you will learn invaluable skills which will improve your relationships, communication, career, family, self-worth, emotional well-being, physical health, and more.
You are here because you’ve realized that you need support. That’s an incredibly important first step. You should take pride in your willingness to improve your relationship. It takes guts!
Some of our clients ask if they’ll need to be in couples counseling for a long time. We sincerely hope not. While there is no way for us to know your exact situation, we work hard to ensure our clients receive effective and efficient services. Our goal is for you to come into therapy, work with your counselor to improve your relationship, and then carry those skills with you going forward together.