Counseling for Anxiety
Believe it or not, anxiety is your body’s natural response to stress. It’s a feeling of fear or apprehension about what’s to come. The first day of school, going to a job interview, or giving a speech may cause most people to feel fearful and nervous. Clarity Centers offers Anxiety Counseling and Anxiety Treatment because it can bring focus and healing to the stressors you are experiencing.
If your feelings of anxiety are extreme, last for longer than six months, and are interfering with your life, you may have an anxiety disorder. Anxiety Counseling and Treatment is a solution you should consider.
CALL US TODAY AT 410-853-7773, OR REACH OUT BY EMAIL AT [email protected]
HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED ANXIETY COUNSELING AND ANXIETY TREATMENT?
All anxiety disorders share some general symptoms:
- Panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Sleep problems
- Not being able to stay calm and still
- Cold, sweaty, numb or tingling hands or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- Dry mouth
- Tense muscles
TYPES OF DISORDERS THAT ARE TREATED BY ANXIETY COUNSELING AT CLARITY CENTERS:
ANXIETY DISORDER IS AN UMBRELLA TERM THAT INCLUDES DIFFERENT CONDITIONS:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Sometimes called GAD. You feel excessive, unrealistic worry and tension with little or no reason.
- Panic Disorder. You feel terror that strikes at random. During a panic attack, you may also sweat, have chest pain, and feel palpitations (unusually strong or irregular heartbeats). Sometimes you may feel like you’re choking or having a heart attack.
- Social Anxiety Disorder. Also called social phobia, this is when you feel overwhelming worry and self-consciousness about everyday social situations. You fixate about others judging you or on being embarrassed or ridiculed.
- Specific Phobias. You feel intense fear of a specific object or situation, such as heights or flying. The fear goes beyond what’s appropriate and may cause you to avoid ordinary situations.
WHAT METHODS ARE USED BY CLARITY CENTERS CLINICIANS IN THEIR ANXIETY COUNSELING AND THERAPY ? WHAT CAN HELP?
- Psychotherapy: This is a type of counseling that addresses the emotional response to mental illness. A mental health counselor helps you by talking about how to understand and deal with your anxiety disorder.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is a certain type of psychotherapy that teaches you how to recognize and change thought patterns and behaviors that trigger deep anxiety or panic.
- Meditation Counseling: This is a counseling approach that teaches you techniques to become more centered and relaxed during times of stress.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND IN ADDITION TO ANXIETY COUNSELING: THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW!
- Cut down on foods and drinks that have caffeine, such as coffee, tea, cola, energy drinks, and chocolate. Caffeine is a mood-altering drug, and it may make symptoms of anxiety disorders worse.
- Eat right, exercise, and get better sleep. Brisk aerobic exercises like jogging and biking help release brain chemicals that cut stress and improve your mood.
- Sleep problems and anxiety disorder often occur together. Make sure you are setting a priority for getting good rest each day. Follow a relaxing bedtime routine. Talk to your doctor if you still have trouble sleeping.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any over-the-counter meds or herbal remedies. Many contain chemicals that can make anxiety symptoms worse.
Please consider contacting us now to start your Anxiety Counseling or Stress Therapy. We are located in Towson, MD, and can be reached locally at 410-853-7773, or by email at [email protected].